Keeping your core PrestaShop installation and the functional modules you use up to date is very important, to keep your shop and customer data safe from security vulnerabilities.
We also know that many shop owners are wary of upgrading their sites because they don’t have a long-term relationship with a suitably qualified supplier to support them and to carry out the work in a safe and controlled manner.
Nobody wants to be the person who pushed the go button on an upgrade and then ends up with a shop that doesn’t work. Once that approach takes hold, then you can quickly find yourself many updates behind and the task looks even more daunting.
Yes We Do Websites can help you through the upgrade process delivering a secure and successful store to serve your customers better.
Whilst every website will have its own peculiarities our approach is this:
Take a backup of the existing site!
- Audit the existing site – understand the shipping, tax and localisation settings that are being used. Discuss the current theme that you are using, audit the modifications (if any) that have been made. Record all the current URLs. Set up test customer accounts in all customer groups
- Create a new Prestashop Installation on the latest version of the software
- Migrate the Categories, Products, SEO, and employees from old to new
- Design a new theme, set up all the appropriate configurations for localisation, Tax and shipping
- Migrate the Customers, Orders, Shopping Carts from old to new
- Check all test accounts; payment methods, shipping methods, audit all new URLs – set up re-directs where required
- Send the new site live, run a new sitemap, submit to google search, set a new weekly CRON to capture updates.